Thursday, June 30, 2005

Good morning

Everyone slept till 10am this morning, thank you GOD! Kids weren't used to the house and the garshok location, so woke up at 3am standing at their bedroom door wispering "garshok" in their innocent little voices. Took care of that. Then they slept till 10. Lena woke up and came to bed with us at some point this morning, but she went fast to sleep between us. Dub woke up at 10 screaming because somehow their bedroom door got closed all the way. I found him crying pulling on the closet doors trying to get out.

Dozens of emails have come to us praising the God of the Universe for our safe return. We are overwhelmed by His grace. He brought us home. We're home. Home to...

Our beloved doggie
air conditioning
our bed - did we mention the beds in Almaty were a box spring with a 1" futon on top?
coffee on demand - in Kazakhstan, you get one teeeny weeenie little cup, period.
Diet coke on ice
broadband internet access
normal toilets
washer & dryer
dishwasher
Mary Alice's apple cake
New toys (galore!) for the kids - they LOVE them!!
my wireless network
people speaking English
Our neighbors - and at least 4 new babies since we've been gone!

Home. Folks, never take it for granted. Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home. When we were frantically trying to get Lufthansa tickets, the agent asked "Don't you like Kazakhstan?" I guess I looked at her like she had a zebra for a nose, and said "No, Kazakhstan is fine, but it is not my home." She understood.

God is so good. We are home. We have 2 new kids, who are just as happy as they can be. Thank you God for bringing us home with these 2 little gems.

Later tonite, when I can think better, I'll go through and fill in some of the harrowing details of our trip home. The blog from last night really is just the generalities. OY!

Blessings beyond all comprehension,
Sneezy, Sleepy, Grumpy, and Happy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading a passage this morning that said something along the lines of: the best way to show people how good God is, how merciful, and patient, and giving, is to show them how He has worked miracles and answered prayers in your life and in the lives of those you know. I mean, wow. You guys are such an inspiration, and such a concrete example of how good God is! Can't wait to see you all!
Allison Creamer

Anonymous said...

Okay -- I think I am WAY too attached to your postings... because last night I dreamt I was walking down a street in Atlanta and all of the signs for the shops said "garshok" on them! In my dream I felt proud because I knew what the word meant! Strange! I am excited about hearing the word from Dub and Lena..welcome home!

Anonymous said...

We're all spoiled by the pictures you send with your postings. Will there be more now that you are in Atlanta? You must have bad jet lag and just plain TIREDNESS from your frustrating travels. Maybe Kevin (& Angel & kids) can go see a "real" doctor and recover from your respiratory (etc.) aliments.
Love, AuntTincy in Texas